Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Le Sigh

   Wow... over a year and what a year.  Met a girl, lost her (and part of me as well I fear), worked my first 2 features (Charlie's Angels the Series and Iron Man 3: additional grip uncredited and grip (hopefully credited)).  I've dropped about 40 pounds and I have 25 more to drop.  I feel if I'm going to make it as a grip I need to be in as good a shape as I can, plus I'll look and feel better, right?
   So, this past week I saw Skyfall, what a fun movie and it looks great. It's scary to see what HiDef digital is becoming, but time is a merciless bitch to those that remain in the past.  I also got to see the trailer for Iron Man 3, and let me tell you, I geeked out.  I mean, I've worked numerous industrials, music videos, commericals, PSA's and Charlie's was on t.v. but, man there's just something about the big screen.  I became giddy with excitement and I realized what I fell in love with so many years ago as a high school student and college student: the thought that I could reach a wide audience and help them feel the way movies made me feel as a kid.
   I grew up fat, not too athletic and basically a book worm.  So I had to escape, and movies helped.  Low-budgets and indies are great and typically a lot of fun and full of challenges (limited budgets, gear, rigging and etc...) but man, I was so fucking happy.  I went out and got drunk I was so happy.  It got me to thinking, and I'm going to do all I can to get my horror (yes, I know another horror film) story shot.  What's the worse I could lose?
  Well, time for a shower, smelling bad and maybe cut the handles for my new home-made apple boxes later.  Might have to eat in there as well.

Cheers,

ETC

No comments:

Post a Comment